Solo su yosexi.com
Quote That: ‘Many a man fail as an original thinker simply because his memory is too good.’ -Nietzsche #blackhistorymonth
Gordon Roger Alexander Buchanan Parks (November 30, 1912 – March 7, 2006) was a groundbreaking American photographer, musician, poet, novelist, journalist, activist and film director. He is best remembered for his photo essays for Life magazine and as the director of the 1971 film Shaft.
At the age of 25, Parks was struck by photographs of migrant workers in a magazine and bought his first camera, a Voigtländer Brilliant, for $12.50 at a pawnshop. The photo clerks who developed Parks’ first roll of film, applauded his work and prompted him to get a fashion assignment at Frank Murphy’s women’s clothing store in St. Paul.
Parks began working as a self-taught freelance photographer, focusing on everything from fashion to the effects the depression in Chicago’s slums.
Parks was a close friend of Muhammad Ali, and godfather for Malcolm X’s daughter Quibilah Shabazz. He was a co-founder of Essence magazine, and wrote a ballet called Martin, in honor of King.
His art was about social issues such as poverty, race, segregation and crime. It also enhanced our understanding of beauty, nature, childhood, music, fashion and memory.
By 1944, he was the only black photographer working for Vogue, and in 1948 he became the first black photographer at Life, the most prestigious magazine of its day for photography. Eventually Life sent him to France, Italy, and Spain, and stateside he became known for his photos documenting the civil rights movement.
He attended and took photos at the Civil Rights March on Washington, 1963.
When Denzel Washington accepted his Best Actor Oscar in 2002 for his role in Training Day, he became the second African-American male ever to receive the honor (after Sidney Poitier, who won for 1963′s Lilies of the Field).
- Oscar nominations shoot down Hollywood’s black swans (guardian.co.uk)
- 18 reviews of Training Day (rateitall.com)
- 2011: The Year Of Oscar Snubs (npr.org)
- Breaking Down the $20M Denzel Was Paid for Unstoppable (seattlepi.com)
Plot: Two British comic-book geeks traveling across the U.S. encounter an alien outside Area 51.
Release Date: 18 March 2011
Genre: Comedy | Sci-Fi
Cast: Seth Rogen, Simon Pegg, Kristen Wiig, Sigourney Weaver, Jason Bateman, Bill Hader, Nick Frost,
MPAA Rating: R
Director: Greg Mottola
Writer: Nick Frost, Simon Pegg
Studio: Universal Pictures
- Two Stills From PAUL Starring Simon Pegg And Nick Frost (geektyrant.com)
Film - World Invasion : Battle Los Angeles
A Marine platoon faces off against an alien invasion in Los Angeles.
Release Date: 11 March 2011
Genre: Action | Sci-Fi
Cast: Michelle Rodriguez, Aaron Eckhart, Ramon Rodriguez, Brandi Coleman, Michael D. Grosu
Directors: Jonathan Liebesman
Writer: Christopher Bertolini
Studio: Sony Pictures
Film – ‘Scream 4‘
Release Date: 15 April 2011
Genre: Horror | Thriller
Cast: David Arquette, Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox, Emma Roberts, Rory Culkin
Director: Wes Craven
Writers: Kevin Williamson
Studio: The Weinstein Company
Ten years have passed, and Sidney Prescott, who has put herself back together thanks in part to her writing, is visited by the Ghostface Killer.
- Wes Craven Giving SCREAM 4 Some Reshoots (geektyrant.com)
- Ghostface Ready to Strike in Latest Scream 4 Image (dreadcentral.com)
Film – ‘Red Riding Hood‘
Set in a medieval village that is haunted by a werewolf, a young girl falls for an orphaned woodcutter, much to her family’s displeasure.
- New Images from RED RIDING HOOD (collider.com)
Film – ‘Jumping The Broom’
Release Date: May 2011 (Mother’s Day)
Cast: Julie Bowen, Paula Patton, Meagan Good, Mike Epps, Lil’ Romeo
Director: Salim Akil
Writers: Elizabeth Hunter, Arlene Gibbs
Studio: Sony Pictures
- Meagan Good Hits The Town With “Hello Girls” [PHOTOS] (hellobeautiful.com)
- “Precious’” Paula Patton to join ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit’ (hollywoodnews.com)
Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) ends up working with a woman from his past (Penelope Cruz) to find the fountain of youth, with famed pirate Blackbeard (Ian McShane) as an unusual accomplice/rival. Meanwhile Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush) is working with the crown in some measure. Oh, and there are mermaids and zombies.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides – First Look Photos (screenhead.com)
A drama centered on a rising country-music songwriter (Garrett Hedlund) who sparks with a fallen star (Gwyneth Paltrow). Together, they mount his ascent and her comeback, which leads to romantic complications involving her husband/manager (Tim McGraw) and a beauty queen-turned-singer (Leighton Meester).
In Theaters: January 7,2010
Garrett Hedlund, Gwyneth Paltrow, Leighton Meester and Tim McGraw.
- Well it’s not Tim and it’s not Gwyneth but it is a Country Strong clip (nashvillegab.com)
- Leighton Meester: ‘Country Strong’ Duet with Garrett Hedlund! (justjared.buzznet.com)
- Video: Gwyneth Paltrow, Leighton Meester and Tim McGraw Walk Red Carpet for Country Strong (shoppingblog.com)
Release Date: 2011
Director: Simon Wells
Stars: Seth Green, Joan Cusack and Dan Fogler
YOSEXI Check The Trailer (video): Zack Snyder‘s, ‘Sucker Punch’ starring Emily Browning, Vanessa Hudgens
A young girl is institutionalized by her wicked stepfather. Retreating to an alternative reality as a coping strategy, she envisions a plan which will help her escape from the facility.
Release Date: March 25, 2011
Director: Zack Snyder
- 5 Short Film Clips from Zack Snyder’s SUCKER PUNCH (geektyrant.com)
- Warner Bros. Releases Official Synopsis for Zack Snyder’s SUCKER PUNCH (collider.com)
- After Years of Silence Mark Wahlberg Talks The Happening (dreadcentral.com)
- Exclusive: Mark Wahlberg Not Starring in ‘The Crow’ Remake (moviefone.com)
A look at the early years of boxer “Irish” Micky Ward and his brother who helped train him before going pro in the mid 1980s.
The Fighter stars Mark Wahlberg as ‘Irish’ Mickey Ward, the true life boxer who aims to return to the ring after a long hiatus.
Release Date: December 2010
YOSEXI Entertainment: ‘I wanted to look like a boxer who could win the Welterweight Title. The most important thing was to look like the real deal.’ -Mark Wahlberg THE FIGHTER
Director: David O. Russell
“[Christian Bale’s] mercilessly precise, committed and authentic as Ward’s crack-addicted half-brother, Dickie Eklund, a former next-big-thing boxer who blew his chances and lives life vicariously through Ward. The film mostly concerns itself with that sibling relationship and finds its most profound notes of grace therein, and Bale is really something to behold throughout”. - incontention.com
YOSEXI Entertainment: ‘We shot the film in 33 days. All of the fight scenes were shot in 3 days, consecutive. -Mark Wahlberg THE FIGHTER
Bale plays his half-brother and trainer Dickie Ecklund and from all the promotional material looks like he yet again dropped a ridiculous amount of weight for his art. Unlike when he did it for The Machinist, this the Academy could take notice.
YOSEXI Entertainment: ‘I trained 5 years [as a boxer] for this film.’ -Mark Wahlberg THE FIGHTER
- Mark Wahlberg Plays “Irish” Micky Ward December 17 (bleacherreport.com)
- Mark Wahlberg Not Taking On ‘The Crow’; Talks Relating To ‘The Fighter’ (omg.yahoo.com)
- Mark Wahlberg: ‘The Fighter’ Trailer with Christian Bale! (justjared.buzznet.com)
- Christian Bale & Mark Wahlberg: New ‘Fighter’ Trailer! (justjared.buzznet.com)
- “Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale spar in â€˜The Fighterâ€™ trailer” and related posts (popwatch.ew.com)